Friday, October 5, 2007

My mom is the Greatest!

Well, my mom asked me a couple of weeks ago what I wanted for Christmas (we start early!) I told her I wanted this cute countdown calendar from Pottery Barn Kids. Isn't it adorable?



Well, my mom got busy and started talking to her friend and look what arrived in the mail today!



My mom and her friend made it! I think it looks as great as the one from Pottery Barn. Isn't it so cute? I am so excited to run to the store and buy some candy/trinkets to fill it. My boys will be so excited to pick something out everyday and have a countdown to Halloween! Yeah! Thanks Mom and Lori. I love it!

13 comments:

Rochelleht said...

It IS cute! I can't imagine my mom making that for me, or actually going to Pottery Barn, for that matter! :-) Lucky girl!

Laura said...

That is SO cute, Megan! What a great mom!!

Laura said...

I need one of those- my kids ask me everyday if it's Halloween today!

Debbie said...

Wow! That is a talented Mom. Wonder if your Mom is taking orders? I haven't got my Halloween out yet. We've been remodeling a bit and I'm postponing the hyper kids phenomenon for a few more weeks!

Michelle said...

That is the cutest thing ever!! I'm with Debbie, is your mom taking orders? She really did do a great job on it. Very impressed. You do have a great mom!!

Heather said...

Wow - that's so cute of your mom to make. You guys will have so much fun this month looking forward to halloween!

Julianne said...

Love it! You are the 2nd person to have a hand-made one I've seen. I've got to get busy!

Julie said...

My mom made a very similar Christmas countdown when we were small kids. It brings back such memories, and I'm the lucky one who has it now. Having something handmade with love, turns a great idea into a family treasure

Emily said...

I love Advent calendars. Your mom did a great job!

Renee said...

That is just TOO cute! What a great Mom!

Wendi said...

So cute--and homemade even! Amazing!

Lacie said...

I love it...I want one!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Your mom is for sure the greatest! I want one. I loved the PB one but this one is even better.