Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Finally some girl time!

This past week I had two girl nights out! It was so much fun. I moved here about five months ago and I'm so happy to finally be making some really fun friends. We went to Fridays for dessert and laughed and talked.

Then on Saturday night we went and saw Becoming Jane. I know it has been out awhile but I just got to see it and it was so so good! I loved it.

Well, we were all having so much fun that we decided to make it a double feature (thank heavens for Diet Coke so I could stay awake) and went and saw the Jane Austen Book Club. I really liked this movie as well. It was so fun. I figured after not having a girls night out for months I deserved two in one week! Thanks to my great hubby.

What fun things have you been up to?

9 comments:

Laura said...

HOW FUN!! I wish I had been there! I STILL have NOT seen either of those movies! Life hasn't allowed too many "fun times out" lately!

Debbie said...

Lucky you to have 2 girls nights. I am needing one this week! I saw Becoming Jane and liked it too. How fun to be making some great friends. I can tell you make friends easily. It's great to have good support and friends wherever you are. Keep up the great blogs!

Rochelleht said...

So, you liked the Jane Austen Bookclub? I picked it for bookclub a year or so ago. It was good, but not great. How was the movie?

Lacie said...

Ohhhhh! I want to see Becomming Jane, but it may have to be a Me night! Not sure I have run into anyone that would enjoy it with me...that OK!

I'm glad you have had some girl nights. I am needing one too. Next weekend I am meeting up with my girl friends (and their families) from Houston for a camping trip...I am really looking forward to it!

Julianne said...

Fun, fun! I need to go see both those movies. Glad you had a great time with all yournew friends!

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

Movies? I haven't been to the movies in AGES! You've inspired me to plan a girls night out. I'm sure the hubby will be ok with it...then he won't have to watch girly movies with me!

P.S. thanks for stopping by my blog!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Yeah for girls nights and making new friends. Wow- 2 movies in one night. I barely can stay awake for one movie usually.
I just got back from visiting fam so I'm trying to catch up and get crackin' on my projects. But I'm excited to have a girls trip soon...can't wait.

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

P.s. It is funny that we have an Owen and a Drew. Is your hubby Andrew? Ours is Andrew and I call him both Drew & Andrew (amongst 50 other nicknames). But usually guys from our generation are "Andy" not "Drew." Anyway....love those names myself!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.