Saturday, October 27, 2007

I got tagged!

I got tagged by Michelle (who threatened my life if Ididn't follow through- just joking) to write seven random facts about myself. So here it goes.


1. I have six friends from Chicago (where I grew up) that I still keep in touch with from high school (a few from elementary school). None of them are LDS and we have a variety of backgrounds and cultures. Since graduation our lives have gone in many directions (some have moved, some have married, some are single)but we have still remained such good friends. Over the years we have visited each other. They all wrote me on my mission, some came to my homecoming, visited me in college, they all came to my wedding (even though they couldn't enter the temple obviously), one visited me after the birth of my first son and they all came to see me after the adoption of Owen. We don't talk every week or month but we have a bond that I know at this point will never be broken. I love these girls -Diane, Sonal, V, Lauren, Amy and Meg.

All of us at Billy Bob's in Texas! I'm the one in the blue shirt!

2. Lately, I have been obsessed with reruns of the 80s soap opera Dallas. I watch it almost everyday or Tivo it. Sometimes I watch two epsiodes a day! Sad huh? It all started when my six friends from high school came to visit me over Labor Day 2006 in Texas (when I was still living there) and we went to Southfork Ranch. It was so much fun. I remember my parents watching it while growing up but couldn't remember the story lines. I remember it being an adult show. It's funny how times change. This show is mild compared to the things on TV now! Well, this summer I saw it on Soapnet and they were starting at the beginning and now everyday they play it and I'm hooked! I'm on season 6 only seven more to go! I have no idea what I will do with my days after it ends!!

3. I hate Chocolate (except for milk chocolate candy bars)! Brownies, chocolate cake, chocolate ice cream, frosting, chocolate milk, etc. I can't stand it. I think it tastes gross. I really tend to crave more salty foods like chips & salsa, fries, popcorn, etc. I wish, because of this, I could say it has helped me to become a size 2, but, I have just found other things to fill my tummy with!


4. I love Diet A& W rootbeer. I try not to drink more than one or two a day but I just love the taste!


5. I love watching the Star Wars movies (the old ones not the new). I guess it is just the classic good vs. evil. I can watch them over and over again and never get tired of them. I'm thankful I have two sons who are beginning to follow in there mother's footsteps! My hubby doesn't care for them as much as I do. I guess because I grew up with three brothers we watched these all the time. They bring back good memories.I just love Han Solo. I still have a crush on Harrison Ford!

6. I love surprises! My latest surprise was last Saturday. The kids, hubby and I were going out to celebrate him passing the bar. My husband said he was craving a burger and wanted to go to Ruby Tuesdays (that really wasn't my idea of a celebration) but I didn't say a word. My husband started driving and we passed Ruby Tuesdays but we had to pick up something downtown so I figured we were doing that first. Well, 15 minutes later he pulled into Cheesecake Factory (my favorite restaurante) to celebrate there. Just an added note to make it extra special he doesn't care for the Cheesecake Factory at all!

7. Lastly, I have never been one for late nights. Even in high school I would have my friends drop me off at 10:30 or 11:00 because I just felt like going to bed. I really didn't care what was going on. In college I would never cram all night for finals. I would go to bed at 8 and wake up at 4:00 a.m. Even to this day I tend to go to bed early.

According to instructions I'm suppose to tag 7 people and have them write 7 random facts about themselves and tag 7 others so here it goes. I had fun doing it but don't feel like you have to. I know these tag things can get old after awhile.

1. Julianne
2. Katrina
3. Debbie
4. Julie
5. Wendi
6. Mary
7. Stevens girl

12 comments:

Michelle said...

See now wasn't that fun? Now I don't have to follow through with my threat ;)

That was fun to read even though I knew everything that you wrote. Except of course, Drew suprising you with Cheese Cake Factory. That was very nice of him.

I still laugh when you talk about Dallas. I remember when we were on the phone and you HAD to go because your Dallas we on. LOL!!! Now that is dedication!

Mary said...

Done! How cool that you are still friends with your Chicago gang. That's amazing really. Being friends with long-distance people takes some serious effort. I've never eaten at The Cheesecake Factory. Wanna go with me? This was fun Meg. Thanks!

kristen said...

i LOVE the cheesecake factory too, before now the closest one to me was either in las vegas or denver, but there is one opening here in salt lake city next month, yeah!

Cecily R said...

I got obsessed like that with old episodes of ER last year when TNT played them twice a morning. I watched all 256 seasons on DVR even though I've seen every episode.

It's been fun reading all these tags that are floating around! I think it's awesome that you are still so close with your friends.

Debbie said...

Thanks for thinking of me. I loved how creatively you wrote these. You are fun to get to know better, Megan. I'm going to think a bit and work on my "tag" tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan

First - congrats to Drew on passing the bar - that is great!! I love Cheesecake Factory, too! Things look like they are going great there! We are excited for Isaac's first Halloween - he will be Superman.
I heard your voice in your writing - great to hear that. Isaac just woke up, gotta run!

Laura said...

Tell me something I DON'T know about you ;0 I JUST found out we are getting a Cheese Cake Fact here too!!! YEA! No we know where we are eating everytime you and Michelle come into town!! It already has the sign on the building! I was doing back flips when I heard that!

Shaka said...

fun read! i think that is so awesome that you stay in touch with so many childhood friends! i am soooo bad at keeping in touch and my high school friends and i took such different paths that it really would be hard to talk to them i think.

dallas! i remember my parents watching that.

Heather said...

Dude - You don't like chocolate!!! Ay-ay-ay! We can still be friends I suppose. :) These are fun bits of info Meg. Congrats to Drew too!

Renee said...

Great list! I enjoyed getting to know you better! I sure wish I could have met you and Michelle when you were living in TX! Not like chocolate? Bet you get a lot of ribbing about that!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Debbie said...

Finally got my "tag" completed. Check it out, Megan! Hope you had a fun Halloween. Looking forward to some cute costume pics.

Jake said...

Love love love the Cheesecake Factory and early nights, too!