Monday, November 5, 2007

Our Little Family Halloween Party.

Every Monday evening of the year we try to have family night. We teach a lesson, sing songs, play games, do fun activities, etc. Well every year on the Monday before Halloween we usually invite another family over and have a little party. The kids always have a great time. This year we order pizza, breadsticks and had a salad. Then we cranked up the Halloween Music and the boys and men began to carve their pumpkins.



The kids danced to the music (especially little Owen, he loves music so much)


This year I decided instead of just making carmel apples. I would get a bunch of toppings and let the kids create their own. We had gummy worms, toffee bars, Reese's pieces, etc.

The Whole Gang.

The Final Product.

Yes, that is a U of U in that pumpkin. What can I say, my husband is obsessed.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Man! wish I were around for that. SO much fun! The kids look like they loved making their own caramel apple. Great idea.

The U of U pumpkin is just too funny. I'm surprised he didn't paint it red.

Laura said...

Looks like a BLAST!! I can't believe it was a year ago that we were at your house doing that same thing! Looks like Drew and Chip were on the same page- we had a "Y" pumpkin- I just need to up-date my site :)

Renee said...

Wow! Looks like you all had a grand time! Great ideal about the caramel apples...I'll have to do that with my kids. Have a great week.

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Debbie said...

I love your caramel apple idea. That is making my mouth water. Yum! Clever idea of having the men/kids do the pumpkin carving. You probably saw on my blog that I wimped out this year and we decorated with sharpies! Your family truly has fun together!

Traci said...

What a fun tradition! Love caramel apples too. Still need to make some.

Rochelleht said...

Oh my gosh, Megan, you ROCK! I love the toppings idea. How fun!!! I am the loser mom who didn't carve pumpkins this year. With Derick's mom in town, we ran out of time. I felt bad, but not bad enough to do it.

kristen said...

looks like fun, LOVE the U of U pumpkin, wish I would have thought of that!!

Julie said...

There were lots of BSU pumpkins around this neck of the woods. I love your carmel apple idea. We may just have to have a Thanksgiving party and try that out, I don't want to wait until next Halloween!

Wendi said...

Wow, you guys take your holidays seriously! I LOVE IT!