Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Memphis here we come!



This last weekend we took a trip to Memphis. It was so much fun. I loved visiting Graceland and learning more about Elvis Presley. I really didn't have much desire to know about him but he really was a pretty amazing person. I choose this song because Elvis loved gospel music and actually won three grammys for gospel songs. I was a little surprised the house was not bigger but it was on a beautiful piece of property. It is just sad he lived a short life. He abused prescription drugs because he thought if it was written by a doctor it was o.k. Kind of sad.

This is a fun link about Elvis and the book of mormon. Who knows if it is true. Apparently some people are making a movie about it. I haven't decided weather that is interesting or weird!

We also visited Shilo a Civil War battle site. It was so beautiful. It is really fun to learn about so much history.

Just close the little x in the white box to make it go away. Please forgive me I misspelled cemetery.

No comments: