Thursday, September 27, 2007

I can't believe it!

I have been waiting for this to happen. Today around 3:00 p.m. I saw Naomi Judd at Hobby Lobby. Yes, my first star sighting in Nashville! It was so cool. I spotted her right away because she had these big sunglasses on. I thought to myself who would be having sunglasses on in the middle of Hobby Lobby. When I first spotted her I just kept on shopping but then I went to check out and I was right behind her. As we were waiting she said to my little Owen, "How you doin' little handsome guy?" I couldn't believe it. It was funny because the clerk asked to see her I.D. and she said she didn't have any. The clerk goes oh, I know who ya are and laughed. Then as I was walking to my parking spot I realized her Jaugar was parked right infront of my car. Can you believe it? I must say I am very happy I controlled myself and didn't gush (I saved it all for my blog!)

My neighbor next door said that they saw her a few months ago at a restaurant and that his friend saw Wynonna at Target a few weeks ago. So maybe I will run into them again.

16 comments:

Laura said...

How cool is that! I think I need to head to Sundance this year and see if I can see any stars! How cool!

Julianne said...

That is so cool! And in Hobby Lobby...what better place to be in?! She's just like all the rest of us.

Rochelleht said...

Too funny!!! Well, it sounds like she has great taste. Hobby Lobby is the best!!

How fun!!!

Heather S. said...

Oh my, that's so exciting. Did you even say anything to her? I wouldn't have been able to control myself, I would have totally said hi and asked for her autograph.

Michelle said...

To think all the places we went together and not one star sighting! Guess I have to caom back for another visit and we are SO going to Hobby Lobby ;).

Lacie said...

I knew she was awsome...Hobby Lobby!!! Did you happen to catch what she was buying???

Heather said...

I remember seeing Steve Young once at Smiths in Provo and the poor guy looked like he was trying to be invisible and hope nobody noticed him under his ball cap. My roommate about frieked out with excitement. That's kindof fun to see people in real life though. And hobby-lobby of all places!

Debbie said...

How fun is that? Was just shopping at Hobby Lobby today, as a matter of fact.

Anonymous said...

How cool, everyone else I talk to tells me how they saw this person or that person but I haven't seen anyone yet :P. Maybe I just dont recognize them :).

Renee said...

How neat! Fancy seeing her at Hobby Lobby! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a great week.

kelly said...

what a funny story! it's always fun to see stars... especially in such totally random locations. it definitely makes for a good story. btw, thanks for visitng my blog & commenting - it's nice to know someone is out there reading!

Katrina said...

Oooo, how exciting! I wonder if I'll see anyone famous at our Hobby Lobby. Oh, maybe it's not the store. Maybe it's where you live. Hmmm...

Shaka said...

what was she buying?!

Anonymous said...

That's so cool! What a fun experience.

Wendi said...

Wow! I would be so star struck!

We saw Vince Vaugn in Vegas a couple of months ago and followed him around for like half an hour. It was in the shopping palace, and everyone was so busy bustling around hardly anyone noticed him.

Jan said...

I can't remember how I happened upon your blog -- but the Tennessee reference caught my attention. We lived in Nashville for nearly 9 years (through '97) -- so it's been a while -- but I chuckled at your post about running into Naomi Judd. The country people are very much in the community there and I liked that. Very different from the LA thing, I think. Just home-town folks.