Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fun Fun Times!

I can't believe it has been a week since I last blogged. My wonderful friend Michelle from My Favorite Things came to visit this last week. We had such a great time. Michelle and I both moved from Texas around the same time and have been going through similar experiences the last six months. It was great to see each other again and laugh!

Michelle is originally from the South so she was very excited to come to Nashville. I think she felt at home here. We decided to go and visit some of the plantation homes and started with Andrew Jackson's (the 7th President) home.


The Hermitage - Inside the Palor - His Tomb

It was beautiful. The interior still has the same wallpaper and furniture as when he was alive. It is pretty amazing. However, after this little adventure with two toddlers we decided that was the last antebellum home we were going to be looking at! We then headed off to lunch and shopping at Opry Mills. It was fun and Michelle found some cute shirts at the Bananna Republic Outlet.

On Friday we took the kids to a fun musuem and then that evening (thanks to my hubby) we went out to dinner and a movie. We went to Texas Roadhouse for old times sake.

We saw a great movie called Stardust (if you haven't seen it, see it!)

Saturaday we went shopping in this fun little historic downtown area of Franklin and out to lunch. It was so fun just to look around a get great ideas.




We found this fun idea and made these great frames.

Michelle and I busy working!

Our two little guys had a good time. I think they were slightly neglected by their mothers. Hey but they still got fed! They both have the same blanket thanks to our talented friend Katri. They would fight over each others blankies. It was funny. Here they are both content each having their own blankie in hand!

It was a great time and I'm so glad my wonderful friend Michelle came to stay the weekend and left being a better friend than before (if that's possible!)

10 comments:

Heather S. said...

It's always so nice to have a good time with friends. I'm glad she was able to visit you.

Katrina said...

I'm glad y'all had a good time! How fun!

Cecily R said...

So this is totally off subject (although the frames--totally cute!), but I was looking at your profile, and had to tell you that The Giver is hands down one of my favorite books! What fabulous taste you have!!!!

Lacie said...

There is nothing better then some girl time with a true friend! I'm sure the boys were fine...like you said you fed them!

I would love to visit a plantation home!!! I just love the whole dreamy idea of them. BUT let me give you a woo hoo for taking the boys! Sometimes you just have to go for it if it is something you really want to do!

I love the frames! They look great!

I SHOULD be taking a trip to Houston soon to see some girl friends (Little Bit will be going too!). I'm still hoping it all works out. I got really excited while rading your post about my up coming trip!

Again, I'm gald you had a great time!

Laura said...

I am so glad you guys had a blast! Your kids look SO cute hangin' out!

Rochelleht said...

How fun! I've heard from so many people that that movie is good. I'll see if I can't get to it. I love touring homes. What fun! Glad you guys had a great time.

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Looks like you guys had a BLAST- how fun! You're so lucky to have had some good ol' girlfriend bonding time. ;)

Julianne said...

Looks like an awesome time! Glad she was able to come visit you!

Michelle said...

It was such a blast seeing Megan again and spending time together. Thanks Meg for letting me crash at your home! And thanks to Drew for being such a wonderful hubby and watching the kids so we could play.

Jake said...

Friends like that are always welcome!