Saturday, August 25, 2007

Our New House

We just moved to a suburb of Nashville, Tennessee it is about twenty-five minutes away from downtown Nashville. We are loving it here. The trees and hills are gorgeous. I also love that major shopping is just five minutes away from us and that we live only about one mile from the freeway so there is easy access to everything. The people are so friendly and helpful. These are some pictures of the inside of our house (they still have the seller's furniture but you get the idea)
























I will post pictures with my decor later. Right now my house is kind of like a blank canvas that needs lots of spicing up. The top five things that made me buy the house 1) the entry way -I always wanted stairs and hardwood floors 2) the game room (where I could put all of my kids junk - I mean toys 3) the dining room (even though we haven't used it much but I loved the molding. 4) the yard - lots of room for the kids to play and run around 5) the storage - lots of walk-in closets and a big storage room off the bonus room (houses with basements are built on hills here). What are the things you love most about your house?

9 comments:

Rochelleht said...

That' GORGEOUS, Megan!!! How fun for you! I love that backyard. How incredible.

Julie said...

Yowzah, that house is rockin. I wish I could come over and see you. Are you totally excited to doll it up? Glad you are bloggin

Katrina said...

That house is amazing, Megan! It's so much fun to start from scratch! Let's see, my favorite things about my house. Well, they actually differ from the reasons we bought. I love my bedroom and my dining room. And my youngest's nursery. Can't wait to see pics of all your projects!

Laura said...

HOLY COW, MEGAN!!!! It is even better than you said! It is AWESOME!! What a great yard too!!!! I love that colonial look!!

Mikelle said...

I'm Julie's sister and I have no idea why I'm on your blog but I love your house. I would have asked if I could keep all of the sellers furniture because it looks great just like it is. Have fun in Tennessee maybe your kids can become country music stars!

Michelle said...

Beautiful house!! Can't wait to see it in person in just a few weeks!!!

Lacie said...

Your new home is beautiful! I am sure you will have so much fun putting your mark on the house to make it YOUR HOME!

It has been bitter sweet the last several months. It has been fun to do and see new things, but hard to leave the known behind. My friendships have helped sooo much. I know your friends will do everything to make the transition a good one for you and your family!

Julianne said...

Absolutely beautiful! I'm glad you found such a gorgeous place to call home.

We bought our house because of the space--storage space mainly. We have large rooms and large closets. We also love the large kitchen and laundry room. It's totally a blank canvas so my mind has been going crazy thinking of all the things I need to do!

Renee said...

Your house is gorgeous! I love the kitchen! Just popped in to visit you from Michelle's blog (My Favorite Things). Welcome to the blogging world!