Friday, August 31, 2007

Enjoy the Moment!

Enjoying the mommy moment I should say has been my personal motto lately. I have two children one of which is 18 months old. I have to be honest 18 months to about 2 1/2 years is my least favorite age. I think we all have times that are harder than others and this is mine. It is difficult for me because they can't speak very well, understand no but don't understand consequences, throw tantrums at anytime and anywhere, make huges messes, etc.

Below is some pictures of Owen's current mess. While his older brother was getting into the fridge to get an apple. Owen got in and got into the butter. He spread it all over the carpet and couch. I didn't discover this for some time. When I discovered Owen my first thought was great now I have another mess to clean up before dinner, etc, etc. But I stopped and thought enjoy the moment and laugh! So I grabbed the camera and started taking pictures of Owen.

I've been discovered with the butter!



I have also been talking some gym and music classes at Gymboree with Owen to help enjoy and savor this special time (that sometimes on a bad day I think when will this stage be over) but that is just the thing I'm learning is that it ends all too quickly, so to all the Mother's out there and especially to myself enjoy the moment of messes, tantrums, funny speech, etc, etc...








What moments have you been or not been enjoying lately?

12 comments:

Rochelleht said...

Grace and I had lunch today and didn't drive through. I know it sounds so lame, but we were running errands and she wanted to go in. I normally just grab something in the drive through and run, but we actually pulled into the parking lot and went inside. We sat down and enjoyed eachother's company for lunch.

Jacqueline said...

Well I just had to leave at least one comment. Those boys are growing so fast and I am so excited that you are sharing their life with us through this blog. My baby misses babysitting those beautiful boys!!!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for stopping by my blog...I've seen your name pop up a few places on some of my blog friends...welcome to crazy blog-ville- it's a fun place to be!

Laura said...

Little Owen is SO cute! I know what you mean about enjoying things- I have been trying to enjoy that fact that William is SO loud all the time! I am trying not to stiffle it but control it too. He is such a spirited kid- I am trying to "embrace" it! They are little for such a short time!

Patrick said...

Mom is so dissapointed with your parenting skills. How did you let your baby boy eat butter like that? That was a "Mindy" moment. She wants to sign you up for some parenting class taught by her. She wants to start her own blog and call it How to Raise Your kids right.

Just kidding. Mom thought they were funny. I can't believe you blog.

Patrick said...

Dad said... Megan you need a steamer. A Stanley steamer that is. People at dad's work have them and they have just bought a couple at JSMB. They clean up any mess and a multitude of other chores we all hate to do, plus you don't have to use chemicals. He is going to use his co-workers on Tuesday and clean away. They are expensive but they save soo much time. Get Drew baby to check into this. Hopefully you were able to get the greasy butter stains out. If not Stanley steamer is your answer.

Jake said...

I'm glad you found my blog...I enjoyed reading yours too. Love the teacher first-day-gift! I used to teach elementary school too and know how teachers need some TLC too.

Debbie said...

I'd have to say my favorite moments with my kids are when they're playing happily/kindly, going on fun outings, and at bedtime when I listen to what's on their mind. Big messes (that take forever to clean up) and broken home decor are probably my least favorite moments!

Mary said...

Hi Meg!! Glad to see your blog. Your kids are so cute! It will be fun to keep in touch through blogging. Your house is beautiful. Loved it!

Lacie said...

I totally understand!!!!! I am there looking at the smashed cheese and peas all over the floor! Ha!

Sometimes during the day I find myself looking for a mental escape...then there is a moment when one of boys does something so precious-I realize I am very blessed... AND that sleeping will have to be the escape- HA!

Being a mom is such an adventure!

kelly said...

oh i so know you feel. i have a little one who is 2 1/2... we've definitely had our fair share of moments: the time he sprayed pam all over himself, writing on the leather couch in pen, whenever he tries on my makeup (mascara is his favorite) just to name a few.

Traci said...

Just keep forgetting to say how adorable your little boys are!! yes enjoy the moments!!! I know I need to as well!