Friday, August 24, 2007

A Favorite Quote

My dad told me before I got married that marriage was a work in progress. He said that in a good marriage you have twice the joys and half the sorrows. I have always loved that quote and have thought of it often during my marriage.

The other day I came across this quote that was very similar to my father's , "Friendship improves happiness and abates misery by doubling our joy and dividing of our grief." Marcus Tullius Cicero

I am so thankful to my husband and friends that truly help me have the highest highs and truly understand and share my grief. I love you guys! Tell me what your favorite quote is and why?

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Well, right now I really love all of the quotes that you've shared. Especially the one in the title! Can I just use yours? ;) No, but really the quote I SAY the much is: Do or do not, there is no try. I think it applies to alot of things, especially when hubby is trying to get out of completing a task. And I have to say, quoting Star Wars to him is VERY effective! LOL