Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Let the Birthday Celebration Begin!

As a kid I use to love birthday parties especially mine. I do have to say though getting older isn't half bad when you get a week long celebration!

My birthday Celebration began last Monday when this cute Christmas plate arrived in the mail from my wonderful friends Michelle and Laura. Isn't it adorable? I just love it.

Then Thursday my new friends from Tennessee took me and two other birthday girls out for a little birthday lunch at my favorite lunch spot.


Zoe's birthday was on the 8th, mine the 9th and Christina was on the 6th.


I love how Owen is eating ice cream and holding a piece of lettuce.

Friday my husband sent me two dozen red roses! I absolutely love getting flowers delivered!

Friday night one of my best friends Lauren from elementary school came for a weekend visit. She is the best! I laughed so hard the whole weekend! It was so much fun.

Friday night we went to this awesome place called the Bluebird Cafe in Nashville. It is a small cafe where you can listen to up and coming singer/songwriters. Many stars over the years have performed here.

Saturday we went and had a little lunch at the Loveless Cafe another hot spot around Nashville. They had the best biscuits I have ever tasted.

Saturday night Lauren wanted to see the Nashville Nightlife. Let's just say that is way out of my element. I don't drink and usually avoid these types of places. But it was so much fun and we had a great time dancing to the

Colley Jones Band.

Sunday was my actual birthday and it was great. I went to church, took a nap, my husband cooked an amazing dinner complete with coconut cream pie. After dinner we headed to the Opryland and got to see all the amazing Christmas lights and they had this wonderful outdoor Nativity (and you all know how much I love Nativities).

Yesterday morning we made a quick stop to the Pancake Pantry and I had the best breakfast of my life. I had an amazing omelet. But I wish I had take a picture of the chocolate chip pancakes Lauren ordered they looked amazing. (and I don't even like breakfast!)


This weekend my hubby is taking me on a special date. I can't wait!! Getting older isn't half as bad as I thought it would be!!

12 comments:

Matchbox Mom said...

Happy Birthday Megan!!! I'm glad that you had such a great time! I wish my B-day's were that great! My goodness...

Oh and what's a nap?

Tam

Rochelleht said...

Oh, that is SO great!!! What a wonderful week. Aren't birthday's the best!?! I love celebrating. It looks like you are having such a great time in Nashville. That rocks!!!

aurora said...

Happy Birthday!

In response, mine was the 4th- there are lots of people with our Birthday Week!

Oh, and I was looking at your sidebar, and we have lots of the same people on it!?! How do we NOT know eachother??

aurora said...

BTW- I added you to my blogging friends-- hope that's alright. :)

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Happy Birthday! What a great birthday week. Mine is Saturday... Gotta love those December birthdays!

Wendi said...

Happy Birthday. Sounds like you are having a rockin party over there!

roamingjones said...

Happy birthday! It sounds like you have a wonderful week of fun.

Traci said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! I think that is the best thing about getting older is that our birthdays seem to last longer and yours surely did!! Sounded like you had a great ol' time! TO many more fun-filled years!!

Laura said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday! Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!

PS LOVE, LOVE your darling christmas card- the boys look SO handsome!!

Michelle said...

Happy happy birthday Megan dear! So happy you liked your gift. It was fun shopping for you. Looks like you had a fun filled week you lucky girl. Wish I could have been there to party right along with you.

Debbie said...

Happy belated Birthday Megan. What fun celebrations. I'm glad you had some great moments with friends and family. That plate is so cute.

Holly said...

Happy Birthday!! It sure looks like you had fun with your girlfriends--that's so special.