Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Not much but we gotta make do with what we got!

I have really been the worst blogger lately. Things have finally started settling down from the holidays but it takes awhile to get back in the swing of things. Does anyone else feel like the holidays zapped their energy??

It has been so cold in Tennessee lately. I know it hasn't been Utah or Idaho cold but cold for us and I hardly ever get cold! The other night we even got snow and Derek was so excited he had to make a snowman! I'm glad he did because by mid morning the next day it was melted!



Last week I got to go on another field trip with Derek to see Juno B. Jones the musical. It was interesting to say the least but the kids loved it and I was so happy to be with him. It makes me sad to think in a couple of years he probably won't even want me to come anywhere close to his school but for now he just gets so excited! This is his little friend Alex. Derek tells me she loves boy things. I guess so because she only invited Derek and one other boy to her birthday party!

Kids say the funniest things. The other day Derek asked Drew why dads had the Priesthood and moms don't? Drew tried to give a simple explanation. He said well moms do other things. Derek thought for a minute and then said like blogging and shopping? Gotta love 'em!

9 comments:

Wendi said...

Yay! You're back!

Like blogging and shopping. HA! There's some truth in that you know.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Cute snowman! Blogging and shopping work for me!

Jake said...

Ha! Yes, my kids think all I do is shop and blog too. (And my husband seems to agree...)

Laura said...

That is TOO funny! LOVE IT!!! Love the darling little snowman too! Too cute!!

Debbie said...

Too true and tooooo cute.

kristen said...

I love the the little snowman! we helped ally build one at my mother in law's house a while ago, but I think next snowstorm we will do another one at our house (next storm is supposedly in a few days). Too bad Derek can't come out here, we've got about a foot of snow out there now, I could probably just carve one out of the snow drifts!

Rochelleht said...

That looks suspiciously like a Texas-style snowman...

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

The snowman is adorable! And I love the "blogging & shopping" comment!!! I totally understand the hiatus in blogging. I had one of my own! It's true, the holidays do drain you. But we bounce back, right!

Michelle said...

HA!! That is just too funny and describs you to a t. Does that boy know his mom or what. Too too funny.