Friday, February 22, 2008

Valentine's Parties

This month has flown by. We have been so busy. I am glad to finally get in some blogging time. It has been a fun month mixed with parties, visitors and unfortunately a little sickness. But we are on the mend and I am back to blogging. At the beginning of the month Drew and I had a little couples Valentines Party with some friends in the ward. We invited people we knew well and some that we want to get to know better. It was a ton of fun.


I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to decorate my house and make it feel fun and festive. We served Pork Tacos and had a whole Mexican themed dinner and dessert. We played some fun games. I made up a game where people saw a picture of a famous couple and then had to say their names. It was so fun. The winner got a prize because I think parties are always more fun with prizes. Then we played my version of the Newlywed Game. It was great. We literally laughed for three hours straight. As party favors I made these cones and filled them with trinkets and candy.




These are some of our fun friends at the party!


It was such a fun way to celebrate Valentine's Day. We will definately do it again!

*****************************************************
The next week we had a party at school and then a little family party. Derek and his grandma, who was visiting from Utah!





They played a fun game where the kids had to take a spoonful of conversation hearts and walk to the otherside of the room and fill a heart dish. They had two teams and it was a race. If some hearts fell on the floor they had to pick them up and go back and start all over! They had a blast. It was so fun to be there with Derek and see him enjoying himself. I forgot to dress him in red I don't know what I was thinking!!


We had a little party with our family that night. I like to buy a little gift and candy for each person and put it by their plate. It was a lot of fun. Drew sent me these wonderful roses.


These are the fun gifts we made for my parents and sent them for Valentines. The boys had so much fun putting their handprints on the apron. I made a bag for my MIL and put the boys handprints on the back. It turned out really cute.














8 comments:

LaughAtMe-Laurel said...

How fabulous! I wish I could have been at your party! I love to laugh, and it sounds like you did a great job planning for a fun evening.

Your Valentines month sounds like it was a busy one...gifts and crafts and parties etc. glad you're back to blogging.

Katie said...

I am SO bummed Daniel was on-call the night of your Valentine's Party!!! You need to have another party so that we can come!!! Those were totally cute party favors!!! And I love the gifts the boys gave their grandparents!

Lacie said...

Glad to have ya back in the blogging world! Your party looks like a blast. I'm sure it took a lot of time, but it sounds like it was well worth it!

ok...the reason you did not dress Derek in red was so he would shine-Ha! I know, I have often wondered where I left my brain!

Rochelleht said...

How fun! That couples party looked amazing. I LOVED your party favors. So cute!

Traci said...

Your couples party looked like a lot of fun! Your house looked great too! I should do a party like that! What fun party favors too!
Love the fun idea for grandparent gifts for v-day too!

Debbie said...

I've missed your posts, so it was fun to see something new on your blog. What a fun month you had. Your party sounded so fun. The little prizes look so cute.

How nice to have Grandma in town too. You have a family full of love - it's just evident. Those are two lucky boys! Happy Belated Valentines to you all.

Matchbox Mom said...

wow!! You're sooo good. Love the gifts!

Michelle said...

Looks like you have a had wonderful V-day. Your party looks like it was such a blast and I love all the little extra's you did for it. Wish I were close enough to have gone :(. I sure do miss you but at least we talk on the phone like ALOT :)!!